Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Day Treat Holder

Hi there! Nancy here wishing you a "Good Morning"! Hope you are enjoying this beautiful February day! With Valentine's Day right around the corner I thought I'd share with you the Treat Holders I made for my Sunday School class. I used this cute Meljen's Designs' Heart image that you can find right here:
http://meljensdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23_25&sort=20a&page=6
I printed the images out on scrap pieces of DP, added some shading with Copic Markers and fussy cut them out, including cutting the center out. I then printed out computer generated Valentine's Day sentiments and cut them out in a heart shape slightly smaller than the digital image. I used a glue gun to attach the sentiment to the cut out heart "frame". Using a Spellbinder die I cut out round scalloped circles, folder embossed them and adhered them to the backs of the hearts. I was going to add a fancy little strip of paper to the backs to slide the treats into but, the little Smarties packets already had a pretty To:/From: backing so I simply attached the packets with a bit of hot glue.

What do you think? I think my S.S. kids will love them! 
Hope I've inspired you to make that "Special Somebody(ies)" in your life a "Special Little Treat" to brighten their Valentine's Day. Melissa has a whole bunch of cute images in the store for you to work with. Oh, and don't forget our challenge going on right now, "I {Heart} You!"!
Until next time,
Nancy
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Nancy. I'm sure the kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! (hugs)

(If you have questions for the artist, you can contact her directly at info@meljensdesigns.com - for all other questions, please visit our 'contact' page. We'll help you the best we can! :-)